Who May Attend

Classes are open to all adults. Residents of other districts are welcome to enroll with no additional out-of-district fees. With the exception of high school subjects, classes are designed for students age 18 and over.


There is a $10.00 processing fee for all refunds. You may request a refund (minus the $10.00 processing fee) up to 8 days before the class start date. Please allow 2-3 weeks for processing. In the final seven days before the class start date you may receive a credit for the full amount on your PSA account. Lab and material fees are not eligible for refund or credit. Refund requests made after the class has started are not eligible for credits or refunds. In the event that in-person classes must be suspended due to a spike in COVID 19, PSA will make every effort to shift to online delivery of the course. Refunds will not be provided to students if the course shifts to an online delivery model. Prorated refunds will be provided if the course cannot shift to online delivery.

Returned Check Fee

All returned checks are assessed a $25 handling charge.

Book Refund Policy

Refunds for books purchased through Placer School for Adults will be processed after they have been returned to the adult school unmarked/undamaged.

Class Changes

We reserve the right to reduce hours of instruction, change instructors or location, increase fees, or cancel classes if minimum enrollments are not met.

Canceled Classes

PSA reserves the right to cancel a class. If a class is canceled you will receive a full refund.

Attendance & Credits

To receive credit in a class, students must attend all class sessions and do all required work, both in-class and homework.

Children In Class

Unless otherwise noted, children are not allowed in class.

Waiting Lists

When a class fills, we begin a waiting list with names and phone numbers of students still interested in enrolling. If a student drops out before the first class starts, we contact the first student on the waitlist.

No Smoking/Vaping Policy

Placer Union High School District enjoys a tobacco-free environment, and we respectfully request that all students honor our no smoking/vaping policy

Auxiliary Aids and Services are Available Upon Request

Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call our office to discuss this at the time of class registration, allowing a minimum of 72 hours prior to the first class event. TDD/TTY users please call the California Relay Service at 711.

Uniform Complaint Procedure

The Placer Union High School District is committed to complying with state and federal laws and regulations governing education programs. Complaints alleging unlawful discrimination based on actual or perceived sex, age, ancestry, color, ethnic group identification, gender, mental and/or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation should be addressed to the compliance officer, Dr. George Sziraki, Superintendent, 13000 New Airport Road, Auburn, CA 95603. In some cases, complaints may be addressed directly to the California State Department of Education. Additionally, civil law remedies may also apply. Information about applicable civil law remedies and appeals may be obtained from the compliance officer at the above address. The Placer Union High School District prohibits retaliation in any form for the filing of a complaint, the reporting of instances of discrimination, or for participation in complaint procedures.

Filing of Complaints

Any individual, public agency or organization may file a written complaint of alleged non-compliance. If the complaint is against an employee, the complainant or a representative should first attempt to discuss and resolve the complaint with the employee. If unsuccessful, the complainant should attempt to discuss and resolve the issue with the employee’s immediate supervisor. Complaints to the compliance officer or designee concerning an employee shall be submitted in writing. If a complainant is unable to put a complaint in writing due to conditions such as illiteracy or other handicaps, District staff will help him/her file the complaint